Breakout rooms allow you split you meeting up and assign up to 200 participants in up to 50 separate rooms. The meeting host can choose to split participants automatically or manually. This can be done either in advance of the or once the session has started.
IMPORTANT: When using breakout rooms the maximum participants you can assign into them will be 200 even if you have purchased a Zoom Large Meeting add-on.
Pre-scheduling Breakout Rooms
- Log in to your Zoom profile at https://newcastleuniversity.zoom.us/
- Click Meetings and Schedule a Meeting
- In the Meeting Options section select Breakout Room Pre-assign and click Create Rooms
- Click the ‘plus’ icon beside Rooms to add and assign participants to breakout rooms
- Click Save when you are done
Note that you can also pre-assign participants to breakout rooms using a .CSV file
Setting up Breakout rooms from within an active meeting
- Click Breakout Rooms
- Select the number of rooms you would like to create and how you would like to assign your participants
- Click Create Breakout Rooms
Note that only the meeting host can manage or move participants between breakout rooms.
We have provided a range of useful resources to assist and support colleagues.